Blogger:

Los Angeles, United States
Welcome to my blog. Running out of time is about sharing all things beautiful. Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past even while we attempt to define it, and, like the flash of lightning, at once exists expires. Life is too short, so let's start writing.

March 1, 2010

We are Nature.

Today is the first day of March and we all know what that means - 40 days till my 25th... Ha. On a serious note it means we are closer to Spring.

Who said Cali never rains? Oh yes, It was Estelle singing to 'American Boy' (stuck in my head while I type). I am definitely ready for some sunshine. I am over the rain! So guess what's in store for Saturday's 10k race... rain! Could you cross your fingers for me, please, that the weatherman will be wrong about at least the timing? I would be over the moon if the rain would hold off until say... 9 o'clock - ish.

Since March is the time of transition from winter to spring I decided to start my day by going for a hike. I have to admit the air smelt very nice after raining cats and dogs on the weekend. While hiking, life becomes more simple, it slows down to a reasonable pace and it helps me reflect on life and really see the small stuff. There is nothing like reaching a high altitude and the feeling of being on top of the world.

And it goes without saying... fantastic photos @ Fryman Canyon

After finishing off my hike to Enigma Radio I decided there was something missing in my life... a plant. I headed out to Target and found the perfect one.

A ''Spring Glow'' Hybrid Calla Lily. Yes... my pot says ''Bee Happy''.

There's no question that hiking offers a way to get regular exercise. Your mental health will dramatically improve and hiking is a great way to reduce everyday stress and just get away from it all. Soon you will consider hiking to be a journey rather than a destination. Being out on a trail will no doubt give you a sense of communion with something greater than yourself. I believe it will clear your head and energize your soul.

When life gets too much for me, I take a hike.
                                            
Above all, do not lose your desire to walk. Every day I walk myself into a state of well-being and walk away from every illness. I have walked myself into my best thoughts and my worst thoughts, and I know of no thought so burdensome that one cannot walk away from it - Soren Kierkegaard.

No comments:

Post a Comment