Blogger:

Los Angeles, United States
Welcome to my blog. Running out of time is about sharing all things beautiful. Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past even while we attempt to define it, and, like the flash of lightning, at once exists expires. Life is too short, so let's start writing.

March 10, 2010

Silent Warrior.

A couple of days ago I received something in which most people that don't live in America dream of having. That little tiny card that fits perfectly in your wallet and does wonders, yep, my green card. After five years of living in the city of angels I have finally made the dream of being a resident a reality. Thankfully no more dealing with USCIS (what a pain in the arse) and no more stalking my postman for important letters. In honour and celebration of this, I booked my flight to my home town... London. 

It has been a long 14 months since I've seen my mum and dad and I am ecstatic of the thought of returning home. However there is one problem... Flying.

I am terrified of flying, I don't suffer from anxiety but I'm definitely an anxious flyer. As soon as I feel any turbulence that's it for me. I close my eyes and hold on to my seat so tightly that my nails dig into my skin, I sit there helpless like a silent warrior. I make myself believe that the plane is really falling, it's kind of pathetic but I cannot control it, it's not fun and certainly not exciting. I've had several encounters with uneasy flights. My worst one was flying into Florida from Curacao (the caribbean was amazing but never again), screams, bumps and weeping sounds coming from left and right. I literally thought it was the end of my life. Omj (this is not a typo, you'll hear me say this quite a bit) what a horrible feeling! 

Having said that I find myself even more nervous if I don't sit by the window seat... weird ey?! I like to take pictures, I like clouds, I find them mesmerising. 




If you have a phobia of flying, I feel your pain. This website could be a tad bit helpful.

Time is flying, never to return - Virgil.

No comments:

Post a Comment