Blogger:

Los Angeles, United States
Welcome to my blog. Running out of time is about sharing all things beautiful. Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past even while we attempt to define it, and, like the flash of lightning, at once exists expires. Life is too short, so let's start writing.

March 19, 2010

Incognito.

It's that time again where I get bored of my hair colour, it's been what... four weeks since my latest do. I've always been curious about redheads since they are becoming very rare, so I popped into my local salon and showed them a picture of Christina Hendricks. Four hours later I was some what lighter. I usually fiddle with my hair a lot, this usually also depends on my mood. Who said chemicals are bad for your hair? That's a load of rubbish. I've put my hair through torture and yet it still hasn't fallen off, it must be those genes, cheers mum.

Here are some of my favourite red heads, whether they are natural or from the bottle:


Rose McGowen - Actress.

Alison Sudol - Musician.

Christina Hendricks - Actress.

Kara Maguire - Musician.


Julia Roberts - Actress.


Coco Rocha - Model.


Hande Yener - Musician.

Most of us women experiment with hair colour at one time or another, and this is not a new phenomenon; women have been changing hair color for centuries. Ancient Egyptians dyed their hair with henna because they believed it made them more glamorous and seductive. European women wore coloured and powdered wigs to express their moods as well as their stations in life.

Why do we do it? For many of us changing our hair colour is something that we can control - signals that we want to change our lives, which we often cannot. And we know that, for good or for bad, a first impression happens within mere seconds, and often such decisions begin with physical attributes like size, eye and hair color.

In making these first impressions we tend to fall back on long-held stereotypes. We categorize blondes as ditzy, dumb or sexy. We equate brunettes with sophistication and intelligence. We assume redheads are hot tempered or complex. But where did those stereotypes come from and how true are they?

I'm enjoying being a fake redhead. The pale skin, the freckles, the icy blue eyes, the entire 'ginger' package is difficult to emulate. Turning into a blonde playboy bunny involves only a slap of fake tan and some peroxide. Redhead women however, are in a class of their own.

Once in his life, everyman is entitled to fall madly in love with a gorgeous redhead - Lucille Ball.

1 comment:

  1. I have been lazy in bed enjoying your blog this morning. Such a nice way to start the day along with my coffee.

    Thank you for introducing me to Tina Dico. I will be buying her stuff on iTunes today. Also, I have been obsessed with Sia ever since "breath me" played in the final episode of Six Feet Under.

    Finally, I'm so thrilled you included me among your favorite red heads. With your new, fabulous do, you are now one of mine!

    Xo,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete