Blogger:

Los Angeles, United States
Welcome to my blog. Running out of time is about sharing all things beautiful. Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past even while we attempt to define it, and, like the flash of lightning, at once exists expires. Life is too short, so let's start writing.

March 8, 2010

Seven Lives.

I's been a very long seven days since my last blog, and believe me when I say very long. Sometimes you just get bombarded with things that life throws at you. You sometimes have trouble dealing with it, acting upon it, accepting it, resolving it and being content with it. Time ticks fast and before you know it... you actually don't. We are so consumed with our surroundings that we tend to forget to take care of our minds and therefore we switch off.

Someone told me to hold off for a second, to take a breather. She said ''Look at you, you're the next Superwoman''. Maybe sometimes I try to play that part but often I can't... and that's okay. We can't always walk around with our shields and our smiles as our weapons. I'm a modern-day woman with non-traditional values. I don't have hairy armpits, I like to wear dresses to work. I have a degree, I love to cook. I don't own a house (yet). Excelsior (my car) is good to me and the only Prada in my wardrobe is from a thrift store. Luckily, if I add it all up I'm not so bad, but calling me a Superwoman..... nah, I'm not having it.



Ok... I think I'm rambling on right about now. It is 1am and I did work six days in a row. This means it's my day off tomorrow, which means plenty of time for another blog, Skype with the 'rents and make music with my rockstar.

Before I go, I just want to remind you that perceptive awareness is being fully alert and living fully in the moment. It is seeing trees bend in the wind and the way birds circle overhead. It is sensing how the trees feel and what sorrows and joys the birds are experiencing. Their pain, their happiness and their worries. It is experiencing the full moment around us and not just our little thoughts. It's clearing the mind of future events and past overly replayed scenes.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you just may miss it - Ferris Bueller.

No comments:

Post a Comment