Blogger:

Los Angeles, United States
Welcome to my blog. Running out of time is about sharing all things beautiful. Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past even while we attempt to define it, and, like the flash of lightning, at once exists expires. Life is too short, so let's start writing.

October 2, 2010

Second Hand.

The word vintage is used as a more elegant-seeming euphemism for ''old'' clothes. Second hand, retro, antique and classic all fall into this category. I have been a collector of vintage clothes for about a decade, the time when second hand was not considered chic. Now however, celebrities have been turning to vintage clothes more and more, and that being said, setting a trend. This has made vintage clothing more accessible, more mainstream and more acceptable than it has ever been before.

Four years ago my great friend Aureta Thomollari took me into a warehouse in the middle of dodgy downtown L.A where 'no boys allowed' read on the blackboard.
As soon as I entered this humongous room I was overwhelmed with how many racks of clothing there was. I left without purchasing anything. Not long after that I kept going to this wonderful place. It was like being a child in a sweet shop. Since then I have managed to stack up a whole rack of clothing including Shareen's altered and retagged line 'Shareen Again'.

If you have a love for vintage and can spare about three hours of your day to rummage through several racks, feel ok to drive to skid row and don't mind getting naked in front of other women (hence 'no boys allowed' policy) then Shareen Vintage is the place to go. 

Apart from my love for lace, I also have a deep interest in wearing prints. This leopard skin, below the knee low back dress is one of my Shareen favourites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment