Blogger:

Los Angeles, United States
Welcome to my blog. Running out of time is about sharing all things beautiful. Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past even while we attempt to define it, and, like the flash of lightning, at once exists expires. Life is too short, so let's start writing.

April 19, 2010

T.N.T For The Brain.

Since my flight got cancelled this morning I decided to go out for some retail therapy. Sadness makes me want to buy, I can't help it. I was looking forward to waking up to my mum's freshly made turkish boreks along with her cheerful voice yelling Burçeeeeeeee. Oh well, I shall impatiently wait another ten days.


Shopping is my favourite thing to do. I'm actually really good at it, I can do it for several hours, for several days. I should really be a personal shopper.. ha. One would think working in retail should put you off shopping since I'm around clothes all day every day... wrong. It does the opposite, I find myself hiding clothes in a little corner I cannot even say, waiting for it to go on sale and buying it at the perfect moment. Ouchy! So the question is; does retail therapy really work? For me, yes.


After a long and productive day in the city I came home with this (and an empty wallet)...


Like most of you, I have my favourite brands. They have been very good to me and keep me very happy. Here they are;

Burberry: In England if you wear a fake Burberry bag you will be called a 'chav' so if you don't want to be insulted please do not walk around the shopping centre with a fake burb, it is wrong. I love this brand but hate the prices.

Tarina Tarantino: I discovered this talented woman five years ago when my ex flat mate received an exclusive invite to her trunk show in Melrose. I stole her invite and attended, I do not regret this, It was amazing to meet the pink lady. Since then I have been obsessed with her jewelry, and once you check her out you will be too. Her 'Barbie' and 'I Love You' collection can also be found in my jewelry box.

Anthropologie: I adore anthropologie, the clothes are great and the decor is fabulous. Whenever I look at their website I am so inspired. I also love Urban Outfitters and Free People. They are all amazing artistic stores, and go figure, they are all owned by the same company. In spring, a young man's fancy turns to love, a woman's turns to Anthropologie. Anthropologie's aesthetic, like Ralph Lauren's, embodies a lifestyle, a very particular free-spirited, bohemian existence in which coffee served in vibrant latte bowls and sumptuously embroidered bed linens figure prominently. This is surely where the French film heroine Amelie would have shopped and definitely the place to hear the soundtrack.

Betsey Johnson: Those of you that know me know that I am a tad bit obsessed with her designs. Especially her shoes and bags and dresses... and everything else. Quirky, spontaneous, and innovative are three words that sum up this line.


I like my money right where I can see it, hanging in my wardrobe.

1 comment:

  1. Cool post Bee.. Love me some retail therapy though I feel a bit guilty at times... but it passes lol.
    When I see floral Betsey dresses, I think of you. That and black nails!

    XO

    ReplyDelete