Blogger:

Los Angeles, United States
Welcome to my blog. Running out of time is about sharing all things beautiful. Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past even while we attempt to define it, and, like the flash of lightning, at once exists expires. Life is too short, so let's start writing.

April 8, 2010

Second Chapter.

If I could live any celebrities life, I would definitely live as Posh Spice. When I was a child my dad bought me a christmas album of the famous British pop group Spice Girls. I remember that christmas in 1996 when I was just eleven, I did not leave my parents bedroom (since they had a massive mirror) as I was consumed with singing along to their songs with my mums hairbrush in my hand pretending to be Victoria. I cherished that album and sang 'Say you'll be there' over and over again. At that time if you didn't own their album you just weren't considered 'hip'. They were the biggest thing in Britian after The Beatles. At secondary school we even had some of our year mates performing as them during our drama lessons and morning assembly's, I was very jealous that I wasn't in the group, gobsmacked that I couldn't be on stage with them. Having said that, I felt sort of 'cool' being raised just down the road from her and the fact that we were both Aries.

My obsession didn't last very long, I started growing up and listening to 'grown up' stuff until one day Victoria made a comeback, this was her second chapter and this time she wasn't going anywhere.

Victoria has been better recognized as an international style icon rather than a music artist. She started her line dVb that includes shoes, denim sunnies and fragrances (I own most of them and absolutely love them). While there is absolutely no doubt that her designer clothing collection has attracted the attention of stars far and wide and was embraced by fashionistas both sides of the pond at New York Fashion Week, I don’t think Giorgio Armani is quaking in his boots just yet. It would appear that Posh is not content with dressing the likes of Sarah Jessica Parker, Jennifer Lopez and Demi Moore and has now set her sights on someone with a considerably greater deal of influence.


Yes, fashion followers, it’s true, Victoria wants her next celebrity fan to be none other than Michelle Obama. "I would love to dress Mrs Obama," she told Fox News. While the first lady can certainly be commended for her style choices from time to time, I’m not too sure she’d look all that comfortable in one of Victoria’s slinky designer dresses. I can just imagine it now, Victoria and Michelle having a good old chinwag in the White House about fashion, while David and Barack thrash out the political issues of the day. Er... perhaps not.

   
I remember someone once said to me 'the key to success; think yiddish, dress british'.


You have to remember that when you are a performer you become a celebrity, but you are not saving lives. It's not that important - Victoria Beckham.

No comments:

Post a Comment