Blogger:

Los Angeles, United States
Welcome to my blog. Running out of time is about sharing all things beautiful. Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past even while we attempt to define it, and, like the flash of lightning, at once exists expires. Life is too short, so let's start writing.

April 18, 2010

Knocking On Forbidden Doors.

It's day four since Eyjafjallajokul erupted (can't even pronounce the bloody word). I feel really sorry for all those passengers waiting to get home to London and other cities around Europe, I am one of them. Just when things couldn't get any worse, Iceland decided to give us a bit of an excitement. Currently on the phone (duration; 01:34:28) with Virgin Atlantic, can't think of a better way to spend my Sunday evening. Might as well multi task while patiently waiting, ey?!


It's been a very long and draining fortnight. When one door closes, the rest slam in your face. It's definitely not fun but now that I look back it's definitely very funny. I put myself in really stupid situations, I suppose I'm that kind of person that learns the hard way, the really hard way.


On a positive note, I had a brilliant birthday. I actually don't remember anything, that's how fantastic it was. Cheers to my mate Brooke for throwing it, I'm so chuffed about growing older (or up). Twenty five is a big deal for me. I made a list about how great it is to turn 25, because I love making lists and ticking them off, sort of like my life really.



1. 25 is a solid number. Not a wimpy one like 23 or 13 or any number with the number 3 in it. 3’s just seem a bit flimsy to me. I don’t think a 3 could hold up well in a fight, or in court, or when left out of the fridge for too long. 25 though, you don’t wanna mess with 25. 25 is grounded, it’s a solid unit… 1/2 of some things and 1/4 of some others. And it just might know jiu-jitsu… you can never be too sure.

2. I can finally rent a car, and it was just the perfect timing since my car got impounded. Plus I think my car insurance goes down now, because apparently I’m a much better driver today than I was a week ago. MAGICAL!
3. After 25 years, I really feel the most like myself that I’ve ever felt. In secondary school I was a collage of things I thought I should be or was expected to be. In Uni I was trying with everything in me to be everyone except who I truly was. But now, I’ve given in and made friends with my quirks, let my inner desires and dreams go free, and allowed myself to not be a cookie cutter copy of what I thought was good. Hello sweet liberation!
4. This past year brought so much growth into my life. Personally, spiritually, emotionally, I'm more open minded than I've ever been and trust me I am very open minded.
5. I’ve decided that it’s okay to be quirky (and by quirky I mean crazy). Drew usually describes me as “having the crazies” and it’s true. I’m a bit crazy some of the time. But, as much as it can be annoying to those that are the closest to me, it’s also what makes me incredibly sensitive to situations, empathetic, a dreamer, and a perfectionist. I doubt I’d have been able to accomplish half the things that we have without a bit of quirky driving the bus sometimes.
6. It is a milestone birthday.
7. At 25, it’s perfectly reasonable to spend money on nice furniture, to enjoy reading about real estate, and to maybe upgrade to first class every now and then. At 25 I shouldn’t feel guilty about wanting the sofa from Anthropologie instead of the one from Ikea or Target. (Ramon noodles excluded. Because if you chop up fresh veggies it totally counts as a legitimate dinner!)
8. The desire to buy, fix up, and redecorate an older, charming, cottage-y house has overcome me. This may be due to my addiction to blogs like Young House Love and Design Sponge.
9. I am not everything to everyone. I shouldn’t be. I cannot be.
10. I am ___________ enough.
11. I’m not giving up my juvenile viewing habits of watching Team America over and over again to make sure I memorize every funny quote. 
12. More spending on face creams, not exactly sure if that's a good thing but anyway.
13. At 25 I feel less awkward about my love for kitchens, cross-stitching, baking, food blogs, Williams-Sonoma and other traditionally granny-like things.
14. At 25 I’ve learned that a well-placed swear word is not necessarily showing a lack of vocabulary, but is showing an astute linguistic knowledge that sometimes situations can only be described as sh*tty, I can still be a lady.
15.  Things feel eerily similar to how they did when I was 24, except that now the square root of me is 5.
16. I was able to celebrate my birthday with a fantastic group of people. I am very lucky to have such inspirational mates. 
17. I feel very much like a citizen of the world which I LOVE. I feel like the world is my home. And I pretty much sound like a hippy.... Oh well.
18. I understand why investing in good shoes and good sheets and good tires is important and worthwhile.
19. I’m much less ashamed now than I used to be about the fact that I love to read mum blogs and daydream about my future children. Hey I’m 25 now, It’s legitimate planning at this point.
20. I can run farther than I think (i mean, i did run a marathon), work harder than I think, be more creative than I think, push through longer than I think and love deeper than I think. It’s mind of matter 90% of the time.
21. At 25 I understand that you can really never have too many pairs of shoes and perfumes.
22. I don't have to wait for Father Christmas to bring me a wii, I can get it myself.
23.  I’m not so sure about the turning 26 thing. 6’s are just as bad as 3’s in my mind. It’s just a double 3.
24. Luckily, 25 is still young enough to get overly excited about Christmas trees, ice cream, fireworks, and new Disney films.
25. So far I’m quarter-life crisis free. Someone knock on wood for me before I start knocking on forbidden doors.

No comments:

Post a Comment