Blogger:

Los Angeles, United States
Welcome to my blog. Running out of time is about sharing all things beautiful. Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past even while we attempt to define it, and, like the flash of lightning, at once exists expires. Life is too short, so let's start writing.

April 5, 2010

Goodbye Milky Way.

Since we are on the topic of female singer/songwriters I came across this voice just yesterday while watching a Lincoln car advert. Her voice was so mesmerizing that I went straight to my iPhone and googled 'lincoln car ad, female voice, milky way' and the search kindly returned her name... Sia.  
Has it seriously taken me this long to know of her existence? Am I even supposed to like music that are on commercials? But blimey, you can't help it if a tune is this catchy. Sia's cover of The Church's 1988 classic ''Under The Milkyway'' manages to put a new spin on an old favourite. Consider this tune Zero 7'd.

Smitten with her voice? Her single ''Breathe Me'' with its forlorn piano, reminds me of a more heartbreaking version of a Coldplay song with Sia cooly and sweetly singing over sweeping orchestral beats. So moving it brings tears to the eye. She has created a masterpiece.

I implore you, if you like your folk a little more substantial and your melodies simple but effective, you will love her music and cherish it like a new born child. If you're still unsure, check her out live beforehand (she'll be performing at Coachella on 04/17). Either way, don't be fooled, Sia doesn't just stop at Zero 7.



''Ouch, I have lost myself again. Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found''

No comments:

Post a Comment