Blogger:

Los Angeles, United States
Welcome to my blog. Running out of time is about sharing all things beautiful. Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past even while we attempt to define it, and, like the flash of lightning, at once exists expires. Life is too short, so let's start writing.

February 24, 2010

Push The Limits.

After running 21km on Sunday at the Pasadena Marathon I inspired myself to achieve the unachievable. After in and out of training for four months I was having second thoughts about this race. This was probably the most amazing thing I've ever done in my lifetime. What a rush, a complete runners high is an understatement. I had to make my mind run my body, it wasn't my age, it wasn't my diet, it was my will power to succeed. Over the past few months I've given myself thousands of reasons to keep running, but it always comes down to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement.

I'm currently in a zone where all I want to do is run run run. This morning I ran a challenging 5k at the Hazeltine Park in Sherman Oaks. Amazing running trails in the Los Angeles area can be found here. My favourite trails also include Runyon Canyon and Fryman Canyon, the scenery is just spectacular and very motivating. They are both dog and baby friendly, so no excuses. 

Upcoming races that I will be involved in:
  • Run The Waves 10k @ Zuma Beach (running for children's special olympics) - March 6th.
  • Wholefoods Market 5k @ The Rosebowl - March 16th.
  • Run For Hope 5k @ Mailbu Beach (running for cancer research and treatments) - April 10th (birthday run).
  • Santa Barbara Half Marathon @ Solvang - May 8th.
  • Santa Monica Classic 10k @ SM Pier - May 16th.
You might be sitting there and thinking OMJ I'd rather be sitting on my sofa sipping tea instead of breaking out in a sweat, but sweat cleanses from the inside, it comes from places a shower will never reach. Good things come slow, especially in long distance running. First thing first, find a great pair of trainers (if you dont want to break the budget I recommend new balance) and make sure to update your ipod since music is extremely important to boost up your tempo. I usually run to House Radio on Pandora on my iPhone. Running on the treadmill and running outside is completely different. Want to track your miles, calories and speed on the go? There's an app for that. RunKeeper is fantastic and you can keep logs of previous runs.

I'm quite chuffed and proud of myself if I may say so. I've earned this pain, and I shall enjoy it.



No comments:

Post a Comment