Blogger:

Los Angeles, United States
Welcome to my blog. Running out of time is about sharing all things beautiful. Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past even while we attempt to define it, and, like the flash of lightning, at once exists expires. Life is too short, so let's start writing.

February 25, 2010

Le Roi Est Mort, Vive Le Roi.

His runway shows were often like performance pieces: One featured models with headwear made of trash, another showed off 10-inch heels shaped like lobster claws. Yes... I am talking about Sir Alexander McQueen.


Yesterday was the final day at London Fashion Week and I certainly cannot go on with my blog without paying tribute to this brilliant man. Having worked for him and Dolce & Gabbana at Harrods while attending University, his designs play a special place in my heart. He was a true legend and an exceptional designer. Although I could not be in London this year, I was there in spirit.  There are no words to describe his creativeness, his energy and his obsessive need to focus on detail. I will most definitely remember his incredible achievements and what he did for fashion in London.




I want what I do to speak volumes - Lee Alexander McQueen

No comments:

Post a Comment